FINSYNC allows you set authorized locations for clocking in via physical location through Google Maps or using an IP address range.
Once you have one or more authorized locations created and you have associates assigned to use the mobile time clock, you can see whether or not each clock in was from an authorized location or not.
Checking whether or not clocks in were authorized or not is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Click "Payroll" in the top nav.
2) Click "Report" in the top right.
Note: If you hover the cursor over the "Payroll" tab, you can select "Current Pay Run" from the menu.
3) Under "Report Type," change the list from Pay Runs to "Time Clock Entries."
4) By default, the report shows all associates who entries logged through the time clock. By adding one or more names in the "Associates" field, you can refine the report to only show a subset or a single employee.
5) When an employee clocks in from an authorized location, that address appears in the "Location" column. When an employee clocks in from anywhere else, the "Location" column shows "Unrecognized."
You May Also Be Interested In:
- How to Track Regular & Project Time
- Setting Authorized Locations Via IP Address for Clock-Ins
- Setting Authorized Locations Via Address for Clock-Ins
For more articles related to the FINSYNC Timeclock service (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)