FINSYNC allows payroll administrators to set authorized locations for employee clock ins. This is a great tool for being sure that team members are only clocking hours from their place of work.
Creating a new authorized location using IP addresses is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Click "Payroll" in the top nav.
2) Click "Settings" in the top right.
3) Scroll down to the middle of the page to the section labeled "Time Clock."
4) Click "Add Location."
5) Fill out the "Location Name" field. This name will be visible in your list of authorized locations.
6) Choose "IP Address."
7) Type or paste your IP address or the lowest number of your IP range into the left field. Note: the right field will automatically populate with the same value as the left field, but you may over-write this value with the high value of your range if you have a range of authorized IP addresses.
8) Once you have a range of IP addresses and a location name, the "Save" button is enabled. Click "Save" to make your new location authorized for employee clock-ins.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- How to Track Regular & Project Time
- Time Clock Report: Tracking Authorized Clock-Ins
- Setting Authorized Locations Via Address for Clock-Ins
For more articles related to the FINSYNC Timeclock service (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)