FINSYNC allows payroll administrators to set authorized locations for employee clock ins. This is a great tool for being sure that team members are only clocking hours from their place of work.
Note: A clock in from within 300 meters of Google's map pin will treated as an authorized clock in on time clock reports.
Creating a new authorized location using physical addresses is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Click "Payroll" in the top nav.
2) Click "Settings" in the top right.
3) Scroll down to the middle of the page to the section labeled "Time Clock."
4) Click "Add Location."
5) Fill out the "Location Name" field. This name will be visible in your list of authorized locations.
6) Click the radio button for "Map Location."
7) Fill out the address section by copy paste or start typing. Note: if you are currently at the location you are creating, you can click "Get my current location" to auto-populate this field.
8) When the correct address appears in Google's suggestions, select it.
9) You should now see the selected location with a red map pin. Click "Save" and your new authorized location will be available for employee clock-ins.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- How to Track Regular & Project Time
- Time Clock Report: Tracking Authorized Clock-Ins
- Setting Authorized Locations Via Address for Clock-Ins
For more articles related to the FINSYNC Timeclock service (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)