FINSYNC account owners can set up various types of permissions for users who have access to their business profiles. A common question is how to create an environment where a minimum of two people have to touch a bill for it to get paid.FINSYNC supports this.
Follow these steps to set up a two touch bill pay environment:
In this demonstration, you will be setting the following permissions:
- User #1 will have permission to "Approve bills" but not "Pay bills."
- User #2 will have permission to "Pay bills" but not "Approve bills."
1) Click "Settings" in the top nav.
2) Click "Sharing" in the left nav.
3) Click "Edit Access" on User #1
4a) In the column labeled "Access Level," give User #1 "Manage" rights.
4b) In the "Special Permissions" column, mark "Approve bills." For User #1, the box for "Pay bills" should not be marked.
5) Scroll to the bottom and click "Update Permissions."
6) Open User #2 through "Edit Access."
7a) Give User #2 "Manage" rights.
7b) Mark the box for "Pay Bills" and make sure the box for "Approve bills" is not marked.
8) Scroll to the bottom and click "Update Permissions."
You May Also Be Interested In:
- User Permissions: How to Edit
- Administrative Users: How to Add
- Bills: How to Pay in Bulk
- Expenses: How to Approve or Delete
For more articles related to Settings and Permissions. (Click Here)
For more articles related to expenses, payees and vendors. (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)