Cash Flow is an option under the Dashboard menu in the top navigation of FINSYNC.
The top bar is a summary view of the period you are actively examining. By default, it shows the Current Month but you can set the period to any time period you prefer.
- Beginning Balance is how much money was in your cash account(s) at the beginning of the period.
- Cash In is all the money that has already or is scheduled to come into your accounts before the end of the period. Note: Cash In is not the same as Income. You may have cash inflows of other types.
- Cash Out is all the money that has already or is scheduled to flow out of your accounts prior to the end of the month. Note: Cash Out is not the same as Expenses. You may have other types of cash outflows.
- Ending Balance is how much you are anticipated to have at the end of the period based on what FINSYNC already knows about.
The Calendar shows you how much money you had or are anticipated to have each day throughout the selected time period.
If you have selected a period that spans multiple months such as "Rest of fiscal year," you'll see arrows next to the month that you can use to move forward and backward in time.
The dollar amount shown on each day represents how much cash FINSYNC calculates you will have on the day in question.
The Past Due section represents items that were scheduled to happen in the past but have not actually happened. You may update the items to better model your cash flow: Instructions
The Cash In section shows you items that FINSYNC is aware will happen such as invoices that your customers are due to pay before the end of the period you are viewing.
You can also click New-->Adjustment to create an item that FINSYNC is not aware of such as cash generated by owner capitalization or the sale of a piece of equipment or real estate.
The Cash Out section represents everything that FINSYNC is aware will happen such as bills that you plan to pay your vendors or payroll related expenses due before the end of the period you are viewing.
You can also click New-->Adjustment to add items that FINSYNC is not aware of such as owner draws or anticipated bonuses.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Trends: Overview
- Understanding Historical Trending
- Assets & Liabilities: The Basics
- Current, Pending & Available Balance: Explained
- Reports: How to Run Comparative Reports
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)