Creating new inventory items in the catalog is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Click "Catalog" in the top navigation.
2) The screen should default to "Inventory" in the left navigation. If not, click "Inventory."
3) Click "New Item" on the right, just above the table.
4) Choose a Sales Account.
Note: If you need to create a new Sales Account for this item, click "Add account" to create a new sales account within your Chart of Accounts (COA). To learn how to perform this step (Click Here)
5) Give the item a name and a description.
6) Choose the default selling price of the item, also called "sales price."
7) You may optionally add a description and vendor related fields.
8) Click "Save."
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Service Catalog Items: How to Set Up
- Chart of Accounts: How to Add Accounts
- Sales Orders: Converting to Purchase Orders
- Quotes to Invoices: How To Convert
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)