Like other Attributes, Projects are an integrated part of the FINSYNC platform. Use a project to understand how profitable a particular set of services to a customer was over a period of time.
Note: "Projects" may be called by different names in different industries, such as engagements, build-outs, cases, properties and other terms.
Each project has a series of characteristics that make it unique including:
- A unique name. You may wish to use an address if there is an on-site component.
- A customer. Choose from existing customers or add a new one. (Learn How)
- A due date. The estimated time of completion of the project.
- Budget. How the project will be billed (fixed-rate or task-based) and the anticipated finances of the project. (Learn More)
- Expenses. Out of pocket expenses that can be allocated (linked) to a project. (Learn More)
- Associates. The members of your team that will be involved with the project. Associates can be both direct employees and contractors. You can track associate's time on each project (Learn More)
- Phases. Each project can have a single phase or can be broken out into multiple phases such as: groundbreaking, foundation, framing, etc. (Learn More)
- Tasks. Anticipated labor carried out by your team on the project. (Learn More)
Additional Features allow you to do the following:
- Link Retainers to specific projects. (Learn More)
- Review notes for administrators written by your associates regarding projects. (Learn More)
- Create invoices from projects using the FINSYNC system. (Learn More)
- Track Project Profitability: With a properly set up project, you can track how much money you actually made versus what you thought you would make. When the project is complete, you can use your final profitability to decide how you should budget future projects. (Learn More)
You May Also Be Interested In:
More articles related to Projects, Phases, Tasks, etc. (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)