Setting up Vendors is a great way to streamline your bill pay process and track where your expenditures go. You can also track for the purposes of 1099s. Once you set up vendors, you can pay them by ACH or a FINSYNC issued check without having to touch a bill or write a check.
Setting up your payees is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Login to FINSYNC.
2) Click the tab for "Expenses" in the top nav.
3) Click the "Vendors" button in the left nav.
4) Click "New Vendor."
5) Add a name for your Vendor.
6) Select a payment method:
a) None - you will not be able to pay the vendor through FINSYNC. You can still pay by other means but will need to match the payment on the bank tab to the bill manually.
b) ACH Bank Draft - FINSYNC will pull the money out of your account and electronically send it to your vendor. For this method, you'll need to enter the Bank Name, Account Number, Routing Number (9 Digits), and select and account type.
c) Check - Enter a valid US address and FINSYNC will be able to draft the money from your account into a FINSYNC account and then send a FINSYNCPay check through the US Postal Service to your vendor.
d) Email - Enter a valid email address and FINSYNC will email your vendor a form that allows them to request payment by check or ACH.
7) Optional: Track for 1099 - Check this box if you will produce a 1099 for this vendor at the end of the year. You must choose the type of 1099 and enter their EIN or SSN in time to produce the report.
8) Optional: Add a Contact. Fill out this info.
9) When you are finished, click "Add Vendor."
Note: FINSYNC will not let you pay vendors with payment method "None" through FINSYNC. They will be marked with a yellow warning triangle on the bulk bill screen and you will not see "Pay" on the bill dropdown options.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Payees/Vendors: How to Track for 1099s
- What Your Payee Receives When You Remote Issue a Check
- Expenses: How to Approve or Delete
- Customers: How to Create
- Administrative Users: How to Add
- Business Profiles: How to Create Additional Profiles
For a list of articles related to Expenses, Bills, Payees/Vendors and more (Click Here)
For the complete list of support articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)