Sales Orders are a great way to provide your customer with all details of the contemplated transaction in such a way to track both inventory and the sales associate who initiated the order.
Once your customer approves the Sales Order, an Invoice and Purchase Order are then generated.
Setting up sales orders is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Login to FINSYNC.
2) Click the Quick Links icon in the top right of the page, and under "Income" click "Order" to directly access the Create New Order page.
Note: You can also navigate here by clicking the "Income" tab in the top nav; then click "Orders"; then click "New Order" on the right side.
4) On the "New Order" page you can fill out and send the order.
5) Select a customer from the drop-down list (or add a new one).
6) Click "New Line" until you have enough lines for your Order.
7) Click on the “Item” field and select an item from the Catalog dropdown.
8) The "Unit Price" defaults to what you have set in the Catalog, but you can edit the price if you wish.
9) Edit the item quantity (Qty) to the correct amount for each item.
10) Set the sales tax (Tax) if applicable.
11) The "Notes" section is optional.
12) Enter the expected Delivery Date.
13) You are now ready to click “Send Order" now or "Save Order" for a later date.
14) Once you click "Send Order," you will receive this final confirmation:
Note: Clicking "Dont Send" will automatically save your order. You can then make changes or cancel it from the main "Orders" page.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Quotes: How to Create/Send
- Recurring Invoices: How to Create
- Sales Orders: Converting to Purchase Orders
- Unapproved Invoices Explained
For a list of articles related to Invoices, Quotes, Sales-Orders, and other Income (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)