If you are using Projects to collaborate with your team, your team will be able to track their time for payroll purposes and for the purposes of keeping project profitability up to date at the same time.
Tracking time to a project as an associate is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Login to FINSYNC.
2) If you are both an Associate and an Admin, click over to the "Associate View."
3) Click the button that says, "Add Time" and select "Quick Add."
4) On the "New Time Entry" screen, choose the project first.
5) Once you choose the project, you will be able to choose the task. Go ahead and choose the task.
6) Enter your time using manual or the timer. Note: Using Calendar is an alternative if you want to enter blocks of time across a number of days.
7) Be sure you are using the correct "Entry Date." This is the date you logged the hours.
8) Optional: If you want to pass notes along to the customer, add them to the description field and they will appear on the invoice to the customer.
9) Optional: If you want to pass notes along to the project administrator, add them to the "Admin Notes" and they will be visible in the notes section of the customer record.
10) Once you have completed all the fields you need, click "Add Time Entry" and the project will be updated as well as your hours tracked for payroll purposes.
You can log in at any time to add more time entries.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Projects: Overview
- Associate's Portal Overview
- Associates: How to Add Regular & Project Time as a W2
- Associate's Time: How to Add (as an Administrator)
- User Permissions: How to Edit
For more articles related to Projects, Phases, Tasks, etc. (Click Here)
For more articles related to User Settings and Permissions (Click Here)
For more articles related to Associates like Employees and Contractors (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)