If you are setting up a Project, you will need to assign tasks. "Tasks" represent blocks of time dedicated to specific portions of a project, designed to help your team track their time.
Each task has some specific characteristics:
- Task name - Tell your team and customers what this task is.
- Phase - A project must have at least one phase. (Learn More)
- Billable - Whether or not you want your customer to be billed for time on this task. (Learn More)
- Service - What service this task is. Services pull from your Service Catalog.
- Due Date - The anticipated completion date. Your team can still track time even after the due date.
- Task is Complete - Whether or not the task has been marked as complete by you or by your team.
- Description - A field that tells your customer about this task on their invoice.
- Admin Notes - Notes only visible to administrators and team members. (Learn More)
- Associates - The members of your team that can work on the task. (Learn More)
If you have filled out all of the required fields, you will see "Add Task" available and can add your task to the assigned phase of your project.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Projects: Overview
- How Phases Work on Projects
- Projects: How to Activate & Deactivate
- Project Budgets: How to Set
- Project Profitability: How to Track
For more articles related to Projects, Phases, Tasks, etc. (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)