Creating new Chart of Accounts (CoA) accounts is easy. If you enable the new account, you can use it immediately to correctly categorize your transactions.
Note: You will only be able to make changes to the Chart of Accounts if your permissions setting for Banking is "All Accounts."
Setting a new CoA account is easy. Follow these steps:
1) Login to FINSYNC.
2) Click the "Reports" tab in the top nav.
3) Click the "Chart of Accounts" button in the left nav.
4) Click the "New" button on the right and choose "New Account."
5) A pop up appears and allows you set up the following: Account Type (Required), Account Number (Required but will be generated if you do not set one), Account Name (Required), Account Description (Optional). Leave the box checked for "Enabled" if you wish to use this account immediately.
6) Click "Save" to lock in your changes. "Save" will be useable after you have completed the required fields.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- General Ledger Account Types Explained
- Journal Entries & New Transactions on Bank Accounts
- Journal Entries & New Transactions on Credit Cards
For more article specific to accounting: (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)