Recurring invoices is a great tool to save you time on anything for which you bill your customers on a recurring basis.
Once you set up a recurring invoice schedule, FINSYNC will automatically generate and send new invoices on the schedule and for the duration you choose.
Setting up recurring invoices is easy. Follow these steps:
1a) Either hover the cursor over "Income" in the top nav to select "Invoices"
1b) Click "Income" in the top nav, then click "Invoices" in the left nav.
2) Click "New Invoice" button on the right side of the page.
3) Select a customer from the dropdown.
4) Click "New Line" until you have enough lines for your invoice.
5) Editing the description is optional.
6) The "Unit Price" defaults to what you have set in the Catalog, but you can edit the price if you wish.
7) Edit the "Quantity" to the correct amount for each item.
8) Set the "Sales Tax" if applicable.
Note: The "Invoice Total" and "Total Due" update based on your choices in 8-10 above.
9) Under "Invoice Settings" further down in the page, select the general option for "Recurring Invoice" and detailed options will appear.
10) Set your "Send Date." Each subsequent invoice that goes out based on this invoice schedule will be use this number for its calculation.
11) Set "Repeat Every" to the desired time frame: weeks, months, years.
12) Set "Recurs Until" to the setting you desire. If you choose "A specific end date," the system will ask you set the "End On" date. If you choose "A specific number of invoices," the system will ask you set the "End After" number.
13) For "Require Approval," choose "No" if you want each new invoice to be automatically approved. Choose "Yes" if you want each new invoice to be sent to the unapproved tab for administrative approval.
14) Set "Send Automatically" to "No" if you want a member of your team to have to hit send on each new invoice. Set "Send Automatically" to "Yes" if you want each new invoice to immediately be sent once it is created.
15) Set "Due date (default term)" to the amount of days your customer has to pay the invoice and still be on time. "30 Days" = NET30. Note: Once you complete through this step, "Save Recurring Invoice" will be available.
16) Set "Setup Auto-payment?" to "No" if you want your invoices to go out with money owed. Set "Setup Auto-Payment" to "Yes" if you want your invoices to go out marked as paid. You can auto-debt with ACH or credit card if desired.
17) "Payment Terms" is a text field to add things like "5% Penalty if Late."
18) Set "Remind customer" based on your Collections Reminders requirements.
19) "Additional Notes" is another field you can use for text that is not about pricing.
20) Once you complete your Recurring Invoice Schedule, it will send invoices under the conditions that you set.
You can see all of your Recurring Invoice Schedules by clicking the "Income" tab in the top nav, "Invoices" in the left nav, and the "Recurring" button in the top right.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Setting Up Credit Card Charges with Recurring Invoices
- Unapproved Invoices Explained
- Sales Orders: How to Create/Send
- Quotes: How to Create/Send
- Quotes to Invoices: How To Convert
- How to Add Your Logo to Invoices
For a list of articles related to Invoices, Quotes, Sales-Orders, and other Income (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)