In FINSYNC, each line item on an invoice has its owns service or inventory item and can optionally carry its own attributes (location, department, associate).
You can add attributes by either creating a new invoice or clicking edit on an existing invoice.
Follow these steps:
1) Go to Income-->Invoices.
2) Open an invoice by clicking its row dropdown and "Edit" or create a new one by clicking "New Invoice."
3) If you don't already have service or inventory items in your line items, go ahead and add them and you'll see the "+A" symbol appear.
4) Click the "+A" for the line item to which you want to add attributes and the attributes pop up will open.
5) Choose an attribute for at least one of Associates, Departments or Locations to enable the "Add Attributes" button. Note: you may use all 3 attributes at the same time if desired.
6) Click "Add Attributes" to go back to the invoice.
7) Note that you'll now see the "+A" symbol has a blue background indicating attributes have been added to that line item. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other line items that need to have attributes.
8) Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save" to lock in your changes.