If your company wants to pay a benefit for an employee directly instead of issuing payment through FINSYNC, you'll need to create a "NO PAY" payee.
NOTE: If FINSYNC will issue the payment directly, please use these steps instead: How to Set Up Employee Benefits to be Paid Through FINSYNC
If your company will pay a benefit directly, you'll still want to deduct it from your employee's paycheck and track it on paystubs. To accomplish this, you'll want to create a payee that has no way to be paid through FINSYNC. Follow these steps:
1. Click "Expenses" in the top nav.
2. Click "Payee" in the left nav or dropdown.
3. Click "New Payee" in the top right.
4. In the "Payee Name" field, start the name with "NO PAY" in capital letters so you'll be sure to realize this vendor will not get paid by FINSYNC. You can then add the payee name.
5. Don't select anything for "Pay using."
6. Click "Add Payee."
7. Click "Payroll" in the top nav.
8. Click "Associates" in the left nav or the dropdown.
9. Click the row of the associate to whom you want to give the benefit.
10. Click "Benefits" in the associate menu.
11. Click "New Benefit" or "Add One."
12. Choose a "Benefit Type." If you do not see the category listed, choose "Other" at the bottom of the list.
13. Choose the "Payee," which is where the money will be sent.
14. Set up the Associate and Employee contributions. You may need to consult with your accountant or head of finance as well as the Associate for optional benefits. Note: the "For" field will be the description of this benefit that appears on the Associate's paystub.
15. Click "Save."
Note: you can add as many benefits as you need by repeating this process.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Payroll: How to Add Associates (Employees & Contractors)
- How to Set Up Employee Benefits to be Paid Through FINSYNC
- Payroll: How to Use Reports
For more articles related to the FINSYNC Payroll service (Click Here)
For the complete list of articles, return to the FINSYNC How-To Guide: (Click Here)